Our Promise: Solid independent information — available free to everyone — with no ads, no strings attached.
About SeriousGivers.org and CharityCheck101.org
- SeriousGivers.org (SGO), CharityCheck101.org and CarDonationCalculator.org are projects of SeriousGivers.
- Why SGO?
- Formed in 2010, SeriousGivers is a California public benefit corporation and managed by a three-person board of directors.
- The founder and CEO is Ed Long, whose 40+ years of experience includes being a partner with a major Wall Street law firm, founding and running charities, and serving as a philanthropy educator and coach.
- Find us at GuideStar. Registration may be required, but it’s free.
Tax Status and IRS
- SeriousGivers is an IRC Section 501(c)(3) public charity.
- The SeriousGivers EIN is 27-3090206.
- Donations to SeriousGivers are deductible as charitable contributions.
- IRS documents:
- Where does SeriousGivers’ money come from?
- Donations and grants (deductible as charitable contributions).
- At times in the past we have sold some of our own publications and research services, both for nominal charges.
- Our founder, Ed Long, has advanced money and time to help us get started.
Privacy and contact
- We respect your privacy.
- Contact us.
- Mailing address: SeriousGivers, 3010 Via Campesina, Rancho Palos Verdes, California 90275.