Winding-up and dissolution
SeriousGivers (the California nonprofit benefit corporation) is winding-up its operations and dissolving its corporate existence. Founder Ed Long plans to keep much of the content and information alive through SeriousGivers.org, CharityCheck101.org or EdwardWLong.com.
SeriousGivers is no longer seeking or accepting donations.
About SeriousGivers.org and CharityCheck101.org
- SeriousGivers.org (SGO), CharityCheck101.org and CarDonationCalculator.org are projects of SeriousGivers.
- Why SGO?
- Formed in 2010, SeriousGivers is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation and managed by a three-person board of directors.
- The founder and CEO is Ed Long, whose 40+ years of experience includes being a partner with a major Wall Street law firm, founding and running charities, and serving as a philanthropy educator and coach.
- Find us at GuideStar. Registration may be required, but it’s free.
Tax Status and IRS
- SeriousGivers is an IRC Section 501(c)(3) public charity.
- The SeriousGivers EIN is 27-3090206.
- Donations to SeriousGivers are deductible as charitable contributions.
- IRS documents:
- Where does SeriousGivers’ money come from?
- Donations and grants (deductible as charitable contributions).
- At times in the past we have sold some of our own publications and research services, both for nominal charges.
- Our founder, Ed Long, has advanced money and time to help us get started.
Privacy and contact
- We respect your privacy.
- Contact us.
- Mailing address: SeriousGivers, 232 Avenue G, Redondo Beach, CA 90277.