Volunteering produces income tax deductions
Don’t miss out on deductions for volunteers on your taxes. Yes, you can deduct costs of volunteering for a qualified organization.
Our popular What can a charity volunteer deduct? page is loaded with information. It includes
- The IRS test for deducting costs.
- The car mileage rules.
- Using actual costs instead of mileage.
- How to tell whether an organization is a qualified organization.
- Whether you can deduct the value of your services.
- More than 100 questions and answers about deductions for volunteers.
- A link to the most helpful IRS publication.
Visit the What can a charity volunteer deduct? page. It could save you time and money.
Find out more about your favorite nonprofits
CharityCheck101.org has free information on every IRS-recognized nonprofit (more than 1.5 million of them).
What do you think? Had other experiences?
Share your thoughts and experiences in the Leave a Reply / Comments section below.