You don’t have to be a hacker
You can easily examine the latest tax returns for the foundations associated with Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.
They’re publicly available, under the public records rules that apply to all nonprofits and charities.
It takes less than three minutes to find each
Here are the steps:
- Go to CharityCheck101.org and find the listing for the foundation. Grab its EIN (the unique number assigned by the IRS to each nonprofit). I searched for “Donald J. Trump” and for “Clinton Foundation” — next time I’ll include “Chelsea” in the Clinton search.
- Go to NCCS (National Center for Charitable Statistics) , then click on Find a Nonprofit and you’ll go to the Search page.
- On the Search page, enter the EIN in the Federal EIN box and click Submit.
- On the Results page, the far right column has an icon under the heading View 990.
- Click on the icon and you’ll go to a viewable and downloadable copy of the foundation’s latest tax return.
You can do this yourself in three minutes or less, for any nonprofit registered with the IRS that has filed a recent nonprofit return.
CharitySherlock video shows you how to find any charity’s tax return in 3 minutes or less.
We’ve done it for you
- Click to view and/or download the Donald J. Trump Foundation Form 990-PF.
- Click to view and/or download the Bill Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation Form 990.